Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Janelle Monae New Music - Tightrope (Feat. Bi Boi) & Cold War





Janelle Monae has released two new singles called Tightrope and Cold War from her anticipated album Metropolis Suites II & III: The Arch Android. I listened to tightrope and I honestly feel that its one of those songs I have to listen to five times then it will become my favorite song. It's a great dance track. I personally love the end of the song. The instruments sound so good with the scratching. She mixes retro and modern well.









Cold War is my favorite so far. I love the melody. When I listen to this track I instantly can relate to fighting in a Cold War. I relate it to grinding. Also as I listened to this song I couldn't help but to think of Gnarls Barkley's Song Going On. I have added the video for this song as well check it out and you decide for yourself.




1 comment:

msangie225 said...

I am a Janelle Monae stan! I pray this is her breakout year!!!! Her album "ArchAnroid" is set to release on May 18th!!! I'm super excited!!!! Oh and you can download her hit singles "Cold War" and "Tightrope" ft. Big Boi off itunes now too! The album is gonna be dope!