Saturday, July 11, 2009

Trip to the thrift: Vintage Fab!



If your like me, I find therapy in putting dents in my debt card buying accessories and clothes from boutiques and malls. But every once and a while I hit up the "dig" (name my old co worker called the thrift store because you literally have to dig to find stuff). I get this satisfaction knowing I'm getting unique clothing for such a low price. Don't get me wrong I love a brand new unit, but sometimes mixing a little old with the new makes your outfit pop. I have some friends who's whole wardrobe comes from the thrift. I can't do that but I get alot from there. Today I found some great vintage treasures and I spent a total of $18.25 and if I could have been patient and waited til Wednesday I would have got it all for $9.13!! (wed the entire store is half off) but oh well they would have been gone by then, but you better believe I will be back wed. Check out my vintage discoveries lol
Click pics to enlarge

This is lovely...Just need a few alterations


This ties in the back..fun shirt

Found this fab pleated skirt will alter it to be a little shorter only $1.70

Vintage school teacher ;)


Cute


I bought the vest from urban outfitters but the shirt is from the "dig"a little new with the old


Ok I would wear this shirt a few different ways (and no not with the sweat pants lol I didn't feel like changing my pants) with thin blk belt



With bigger vintage butterfly belt (it was my mom 's ^_^)


Or with a skirt. And that can be any skirt, pleated, pencil, etc etc.

Simple and cute (sometimes less is more)



This is so 80's


I couldn't believe it was only $1.00!! LOL



You can never have enough flannels



All of this for $18.25 (I feel like I have cheated the system LOL)

2 comments:

A.E. Photos said...

THIS IS HOTTT! Can't WAIITTT to go!

Ainz Neal said...

Nice!